Courchevel consists of three villages at altitude of 1550m, 1650m and
1850m. The conference takes place in the Annapurna Hotel which is
situated just above the village of 1850, and has direct access to the
Moutiers is the nearest town and travel from Moutiers to Courchevel
1850 is best done by taxi (approx 25 minutes) or by bus
from Moutiers Station.
Dentists travelling from outside France will usually arrive at one of
the three destinations below and here are some travel suggestions.
HOW TO GET THERE FROM:
1. Hire Cars: In the French sector of the Geneva International
Airport, you can hire a car from Hertz, Europcar etc. It is advisable to
rent the car one way to Moutiers as there is an extra charge. Europcar has a depot in the centre of
Courchevel 1850. The journey by car from Geneva to Courchevel is about 2½
hours. Please specify that you require winter tyres or chains.
2. Train: There is a train service from Geneva airport to Moutiers
but a change is required at Champery. From Moutiers, it is a 25 minute
taxi journey to Courchevel 1850.
3. Taxi: Taxis can be hired all the way to Courchevel and the cost is
€320 one way. Favorable rates can be obtained if
booked in advance with "Taxi Ecureils". Tel: 00 33 479 08 02
92. Please mention that you are attending the IDF Dental Conference.
1. Hire Cars: Cars can be hired from the International Airport in
Lyon. The journey to Courchevel is about 2½ hours. Please specify that
you require snow tyres or chains.
2. Train: There is a direct train to Moutiers from the main station
to central Lyon (Lyon Part Dieu). During the day a change may be
required in either Aix-les-Bains or Chambery. The telephone no. for information is 00 33 436 35 3535.
3. Taxi: Taxis are available to take you directly to Courchevel
(travel time is approx 2½ hours, approx cost
€320.). Favorable rates
can be obtained if booked in advance with "Taxi Ecureils".
Tel. No. 00 33479 080292
4. Bus: This is run by Satobus Alpes
1. Air: It is possible to fly direct from Paris to the airport in
Courchevel 1850 (weather permitting).
2. Train: Eurostar from London Waterloo, operates a "Ski
train" direct to Moutiers.
The TGV at the "Gare de Lyon" has direct lines to Moutiers
(journey time approx 4 hours).
Telephone number for information is 00 31 4582 5050.
Notes: If you are travelling by car you will need chains or snow
tyres, otherwise the authorities may not allow you up the mountain road.
If you are hiring a car it is advisable to specify chains or snow tyres
and possibly a ski rack. Insurance: It is advisable to have travel
insurance. Personal insurance for Winter sports essential.